Are you an avid coffee drinker? Recent statistics show that 62% of Americans drink at least one cup of coffee to satisfy their caffeine cravings. But a hot cup of coffee comes with its side effects. It will send you dashing into the bathroom as its diuretic effect sets in and give you headaches.In the ’70s, drinking that dark brew was found to raise one’s chances of suffering from a heart attack.
On the other hand, studies show that there are benefits of drinking traditional chai though some people have also claimed some side effects. So between the popularly known coffee and the traditional Asian chai tea, which one is best for your health?
In this article, we’ll give you a brief description of these two drinks, their benefits, side effects, and recommendations.
Let’s dive in.
This dark, tangy drink can be your favorite because of its ability to stimulate your body and make you feel energized, thanks to its caffeine component. Subscribed to by millions of people around the world, coffee is loved because of its flavor and aroma. But what are its merits and demerits?
- It stimulates your body to produce energy, which boosts brain function, improves memory, and enhances mood.
- It increases your metabolic rate, thus helping to burn fat.
- It helps you stay focused.
- It helps to combat depression, and lowers the risk of suicide and type 2 diabetes
- It lowers your chances of getting a stroke.
- It contains high caffeine levels that might be dangerous for your health.
- It causes insomnia and restlessness.
- If taken by kids, it can increase bedwetting.
Traditional Chai Tea
Bred and brewed under the Nepalese Himalayas mountains, this Asian classic has a host of natural ingredients including cinnamon, cardamom, cane sugar, cloves, ginger, black tea, and cayenne pepper, that your body needs to stay healthy. A typical example of traditional chai tea is Sherpa Chai that was created founder Pemba Sherpa.Here are its merits and demerits.
- It has less caffeine
- It’s anti-inflammatory and helps to keep your skin flawless
- It combats cold and flu
- It improves digestion
- It may heal headaches and migraines
- It has antioxidant properties that help to fight free radicals in your body.
- It’s a stress reliever
- It increases your body’s metabolism rate, enabling it to burn fat.
- It may cause hormonal if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It may react with some medications.
Unlike coffee, which has only caffeine as its main ingredient, traditional chai tea has a host of ingredients that have many benefits to your body. Save for breastfeeding moms and people on medication; it has none of the harmful effects like coffee.
Your drink should be your medicine. Although coffee is still the king of the West and commands a vast audience, traditional chai tea is gaining popularity. When choosing which drink to take, you may want to consider the one that has many ingredients and benefits. You want to choose that which will make you happy, healthier, and more energetic. Traditional chai can be that drink for you, and it’s available at SherpaChai.com.